Thursday, August 20, 2009

At the Fair


Conrad is in full-on little boy love with anything big with wheels. At the State Fair tonight, everytime a tractor passed us, he would immediately applaud then wave at the driver. When the passengers, being pulled by the tractor would wave back at him, he'd immediately drop his hands and turn his head. As if to say, "I don't care about you people on the train -- I just love that big tractor."

Ella begged to see every type of animal at the fair, yet was still a bit overcome by some of the fumes.

She definitely was more at home amongst the tractors, climbing to the top of all of them and asking if I thought we'd ever buy one -- for our garden. (Our 20 square foot garden in the back yard.)

The tractor yard was definitely Conrad's favorite as well. He ran from tractor to tractor, babbling and pointing out various features of each piece of machinery, as if he was offering a guided tour. At this point, Pat and I are pretty convinced that both kids would be completely satisfied with a riding lawn mower as their only Christmas gift. If only our yard was more than a quarter acre...
Posted by Picasa