We sold our house a few weeks ago and plan to move at the end of April. As I start packing a few things, I find myself sentimental about the past eight years we've spent in this house. While we are quite ready for a different house, we have loved living here. I am quite certain that if you ask Ella what the best part of living here her entire 6.5 years of life was; Dani, the girl next door will top her list. Its hard to believe that those two chubby little girls in the picture above are same ones in the picture below. I remember that spring when the girls first met. They'd often just stand at the fence and stare at each other. I remember Dani, 1.5 years older than Ella, asking me, "When will she talk?" when 16 month old Ella just stared at her with a big, cheesy grin. Now, these two fly in and out of each other's yards and houses, and, I'm certain some days, Dani likely wants to ask, "When will she STOP talking?" since Ella is the chief conversationalist of the two.
.And now its Conrad who stands at the same fence with the same cheesy grin waiting for his playmate. Except, now, his playmate is a giant St. Bernard named Fiona who towers over the fence to give Conrad a "kiss".
Fiona and Dani -- two things we'll miss.
