I believe the kindergarten Thanksgiving feast is a long standing tradition. This week our own kindergartner has kept me entertained with his interpretation of the original feast. Heard this week:
"Mom, why did you pack me heart attack crackers for lunch?" (He thought the saltines I packed him were "hard tack" biscuits like they sampled at their pilgrim food sampling station)
"Mom, do we go to the king's church? If we do, we need to move." (He learned that the pilgrims left England to escape the Church of England - the "king's church")
"Do I take a bath in saltwater?" (This was after learning about the conditions the Pilgrims endured on their voyage)
"I would not even go on that ship because someone had a baby on there. I have a baby at my house and I don't like to hear him cry."
And totally out of context I heard him sing to himself, "Oh yeah, I'm a pilgrim..."