Getting my classroom ready for the new year is a family affair. I was a bit surprised by how intently Conrad was drawing on the board, until I saw him look over to see what his dad was doing. He was trying to mimic his every move, so when Pat erased so did Conrad. When Pat growled in frustration, so did Conrad. Thanks to Pat, my bulletin board looks great. Thanks to Conrad, my chalkboard is a "work of art".
These two cool kids are headed to school next week. Ella was excited to find out who her teacher was today, but Conrad seems much more interested in details about riding a bus than he is in who his teacher is. "Mommmmy....its big....yellow..." Its hard to believe that Ella will be in first grade, and, while we're really thankful for the preschool that Conrad gets to attend to help him with his speech, its still hard for me to wrap my mind around him getting on a bus 4 mornings a week. What? Oh no, I'm not crying...I just have something in my eye...really....
